icipe is offering two PhD positions, one working on entomological research questions and one working on clinical and sociological research questions to nationals of Kenya or Uganda. The PhD projects are funded through a research grant from the German Research Foundation (DFG) and will be jointly supervised by scientists from icipe, Aga Khan University, Makerere University and University of Berlin, Germany.
The scholarships will cover all costs of the PhD programme, including travel, living expenses, medical insurance, university fees and all research and training costs. The PhD positions are based at icipe’s Thomas Odhiambo Campus at Mbita, Homa Bay County, South Nyanza, Kenya but with field work in Siaya and Kwale Counties in Kenya and Bugiri in Uganda.
Successful candidates will develop a full proposal and register with a Kenyan university after they commence their PhD programme at icipe.
- The applicant must be a national of Kenya or Uganda.
- Master’s degree completed less than ten years ago at the time of application.
- Preference will be given to applicants with a maximum age of 36 years (men) or 40 years (women) by 31st December 2018.
- Completed application form and accompanying supporting documents must be submitted latest by 11th March 2019.
- Qualified female candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
To apply, please click here
Deadline for online application is 11 March 2019
For more information, please visit: http://cbid.icipe.org/apps/tungiasis-2019/index.php