The African Young Women Leaders Fellowship Programme offers an interesting assignment with UNDP at Headquarters in New York or in a regional or country office.
Following a joint induction by AUC and UNDP, Fellows will work under the supervision and coaching of an experienced UNDP people manager and will participate in a mentorship and transformative leadership development training programme jointly developed by AUC and UNDP.
Key areas of work relate to supporting:
collection and analysis of information on SDGs and Agenda 2063
SDG implementation and experimentation
promising areas of innovation, South-South and Tri-lateral collaboration, partnerships and resource mobilisation that accelerate UNDP’s programme implementation
The Fellowship Programme will cover expenses related to travel and medical insurance. In addition, each Fellow will be paid a stipend to cover accommodation and living costs at the respective duty station.
- National of an AU Member State
- Aged below 34 years at the date of application
- Hold a Master’s degree or equivalent in Economics, Political Science, Business Administration, International Relations/Development, or other relevant fields
- Maximum 1 year of working experience in research, analysis and programme/project development, implementation and management
- Available in 2019/20 to dedicate 12 months for a fellowship programme and available to participate in an induction workshop in Addis Ababa from October 2019.
- Willing to live and work outside their country of residence
- Proficiency in at least one AU working language (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese) and working knowledge of English
- Understanding of, and interest in, poverty eradication, sustainable structural transformation, the SDGs and Africa’s Agenda 2063
- Capacity to gather comprehensive information on complex problems or situations, evaluating information accurately, analysing and identifying key issues and solutions
How to apply
Your application must be in English and must include include the following (to be scanned and uploaded as one document):
- A detailed CV
- A one page motivation letter highlighting why you would be an outstanding candidate, your strengths and how your participation in the Programme would contribute to your future career
- A short essay of not more than 1,500 words (3 pages single spaced) detailing your innovative solution to a complex development problem – youth unemployment. Describe the nature of the problem, what are the underlying causes, who is responsible for solving this problem, what your innovative solution is and how you would implement it.
- Copies of your academic degrees
- 2 professional references
Deadline for applications: 1 August 2019
For more information, please visit: https://jobs.undp.org/cj_view_job.cfm?cur_job_id=86046