The University of the Witwatersrand’s School of Public Health, in conjunction with the Special Programme for Research and Training in Tropical Diseases (TDR – hosted at the World Health Organization in Geneva, Switzerland) invites suitably qualified candidates to apply for a full scholarship supported by TDR to undertake full-time Master Degree Programme in the field of Implementation Science.
The degree programme is open to candidates from a range of disciplines including Clinical and other health-related fields; Statistics and other quantitative fields, as well as Demography and Social Sciences. The degree programme should also appeal to candidates who want to become more involved in research in health-related fields.
Degree programme on offer
- MSc Epidemiology in the field of Implementation Science (18 months full-time)
- Be resident in and a national of a low- or middle-income country in the WHO African Region.
- Applicants should normally be under 35 years for the Master’s Programme. Women are encouraged to apply.
- Be interested in developing a career in implementation research on infectious diseases of poverty
- Be proficient in English
- Meet the Programme’s requirements
The scheme will provide full scholarships for nine (9) Masters in the 2020 academic year and covers the following:
- Return economy air fare
- Tuition fees
- Basic medical and accident insurance
- Monthly stipend to cover living expenses including accommodation.
- Support for the research project expenses Further, recipients’ careers will be tracked with the new TDR Global alumni and stakeholder platform that will monitor the impact of the programme, as well as provide opportunities for networking and increased visibility opportunities for the Fellows.
How to apply
The application process is two-fold.
Apply by completing a University of the Witwatersrand postgraduate application form online at: http://www.wits.ac.za/postgraduate/applications/Application fee is R200 for both international and local applications.
For more information on applications, please go to:www.wits.ac.za/askwits for general application queriesorContact Mrs Gloria Bowe at Gloria.Bowes@wits.ac.za
Deadline for application is 31 July 2019