The Scholars Program at the University of Edinburgh will provide postgraduate scholarships to students from Africa with great academic and leadership potential but few educational opportunities.
21 scholarships are available for the 2021/22 academic year, which will cover the full tuition fees and expenses for accommodation and maintenance.
on top of financial support, scholars will participate in activities as part of the wider scholars program at the University of Edinburgh including work-based placements, mentorship, and other activities during the academic year.
Scholarships are available for the following postgraduate programs:
- MSc Africa and International Development
- MSc Environment and Development
- MSc Global Health Policy
- MA Design for Change
- MSc Sustainable Energy Systems
- MSc Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- MSc Finance, Technology and Policy
- MSc Food Security
- MSc Design Informatics
- Applicants must have graduated no later than September 2020
- Applicants must be a resident and citizen of Sub-Saharan African country. Applicants currently residing outside of this region for education reasons only can still apply.
- Applicants must demonstrate a track record of leadership and service within their community.
- Applicants must want to study one of the eligible degree programmes at the University of Edinburgh
- Applicants must qualify academically for admission to the degree programme of their choice
- Applicants should not have completed a postgraduate degree previously and should not be enrolled at a separate university while on scholarship.
21 Scholarships are available for the 2021/22 academic year which will cover the full tuition fees and expenses for accommodation and maintenance.
Deadline for applications: 30 October 2020 at 2pm UK time.
For more information, please visit: https://www.ed.ac.uk/global/mastercard-foundation/how-to-apply/postgraduate