The SA Innovation Summit is seeking dynamic, hardworking and talented individuals to fill the following
They are looking for strategic thinking interns with strong analytical skills to undertake various research
projects, including tracking markets and ecosystems, identifying relevant stakeholders, building databases
and offering recommendations for key issues.
2.1 Job Description:
- The intern will complete a number of market analytics projects over the course of the internship to support strategy development. Project assignments will depend on business need and the intern’s interests. Projects can include:
- Evaluating data from previous summits and identifying trends, gaps and prospects;
- Evaluating the market size and ecosystem of a potential adjacent markets for the SA Innovation Summit;
- Identifying and capturing contact and other data to grow the ecosystem;
- Identify and connecting with entrepreneurs based on specific criteria from clients;
- Determining the future market outlook and company position;
- Developing a process and tools to support market model development & reviews.
- Research potential markets and capture relevant data.
2.2 Skills Required:
- Ability to conduct analysis and formulate conclusions based on a combination of quantitative and qualitative analysis using a variety of tools including secondary research, interviews and surveys;
- Demonstrated skills in gathering data from multiple, often disparate, sources and synthesizing raw data into meaningful reports and presentation;
- Ability to make effective oral presentations and prepare concise written reports/presentations to a variety of audiences;
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, work independently and meet deadlines;
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently with individuals at all levels of the organisation.
- High level of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint Proficiency;
- Data software analysis;
- Eager to learn about ecosystem development;
- Ability to interpret data and make relevant conclusions and recommendations;
- Research, scenario planning, and forecasts, proactively find information online, general business knowledge and marketing knowledge are important to this internship position.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and a motivation as to why you would want to participate in the internship programme
and what you would be able to contribute at the following link:
Applications should be submitted by no later than 17:00 on Friday, 31 May 2018. Successful candidates
will be interviewed via Skype within a week of their applications being received and all appointments will
be made before the end of May.