The SA Innovation Summit is seeking dynamic, hardworking and talented individuals to fill the following
The Triple Helix Conference is an academic conference which enables academics, practitioners, policy
makers and students to discuss and exhibit their research. It will be followed by the SA Innovation Summit
which is a platform where various projects running throughout the year are concluded and showcased in
a single event in September. Projects include pitching den competitions, the Inventor’s Garage, thought
leadership sessions, workshops, masterclasses, business matching, etc. Each of these projects requires
project management to ensure that excellent results are delivered and that delegates derive optimal
1.1 Job Description
This intern will serve as an assistant project manager, ensuring that everything is tracking on schedule
against key deliverables and milestones. The intern will also help to identify and tackle administrative
tasks as needed, to ensure successful project delivery.
1.2 Skills Required:
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Project coordination or event management experience;
- Ability to multi-task and manage timelines;
- Attention to detail;
- Initiative and follow-through;
- Team player; ability to work collaboratively but also independently as needed;
- Professional demeanour;
- Excellent writing and communication skills;
- Must be a senior graduate or post-graduate student;
- Must have excellent computer skills and be proficient in the latest versions of Microsoft Excel,
- PowerPoint and Word.
- Must have own transport or ability to make use of public transport effectively.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and a motivation as to why you would want to participate in the internship programme
and what you would be able to contribute at the following link:
Applications should be submitted by no later than 17:00 on Friday, 31 May 2018. Successful candidates
will be interviewed via Skype within a week of their applications being received and all appointments will
be made before the end of May.