Up to twelve brilliant international students, one unique opportunity: the chance to attend the 3-month Innovation Summer School of Merck KGaA Darmstadt, Germany at our Innovation Center this June.
Merck is looking for up to 12 PhD and experienced Masters students from any discipline, studying at one of the world’s top universities. Do you enjoy working on novel ideas with the potential to generate transformational change? Then, this is a great opportunity for you!
Merck's Innovation Center is situated at its Headquarters in Darmstadt, the city of science, aims to develop entirely new businesses and technologies beyond our current scope. It is the company´s core to bring the brightest people, most promising ideas and cutting-edge facilities together from different disciplines.
What is the Innovation Summer School
It is a paid 3-month intrapreneurship program (June-August 2019) that allows you to learn about intrapreneurship, meaning innovation in a corporate environment, and grow a seed idea into a “pitchable” innovation concept. The program is designed for PhD students and experienced Masters students and is fully integrated into our Innovation Center. They are looking for outstandingly talented individuals to absorb everything they can about innovation from Merck KGaA Darmstadt, Germany experts, and ideate around key Innovation Fields at their company.
The program is designed to develop exceptional talent from around the world through intensive innovation trainings, involvement in innovation practice, and hands-on project experience at a state-of-the art Innovation Center. Ultimately, the goal of the program is to develop new innovation projects that lead to new businesses. Our Innovation Summer School intrapreneurs will have the opportunity to pitch their ideas at the end of the 3-month program, which could become real innovation projects.
How does the Innovation Summer School work
- Starting on 3 June 2019, participants will join an interdisciplinary team of up to 6 PhD and Masters students covering all science disciplines.
- Each team will work on developing an innovation project within one of our three Innovation Fields from scratch and pitching an innovation concept that is relevant and meaningful for our innovation strategy.
- Each team will be required to network across the company to involve the most suitable experts from around the world to support and join their team.
What are the benefits for you
- Gain a deep understanding of how a leading global science and technology company drives innovation and change from its futuristic Innovation Center at the company’s headquarters.
- Discover how a global player like Merck KGaA Darmstadt, Germany enables innovation within corporate structures in a flexible, agile and modern future work environment
- Get paid for learning as an intrapreneur, understanding the challenges and chances of corporate innovation.
- Benefit from the support of two student organizations: the German National Board of Young Chemists Association (JungChemikerForum) of the German Chemical Society (GDCh), and the Young Business Chemists (Junge WirtschaftschemikerInnen).
- Receive accommodation support in Darmstadt
- Experience a truly intercultural and interdisciplinary learning environment with a unique mix of young and experienced talents from around the world
- Attend cultural and fun activities, for example the Merck KGaA Darmstadt, Germany Philharmonic Orchestra’s “Last Night of the Proms” garden concert
- Receive an Innovation Center certification as proof of expertise
- Get to know the Rhein-Main region in the center of Germany from Darmstadt, the City of Science
- Get support for Visa applications as required
For application criteria and more information, please visit: https://innovationcenter.emdgroup.com/news-events/all-events/detail/39-our-innovation-summer-school-live-your-innovation-dream/
Deadline for online applications is: 25 March 2019