The Academy of Scientific Research and Technology (ASRT) and the Bibliotheca Alexandrina (BA) are pleased to announce the launching of the Joint ASRT-BA Research Grants Program for Young Researchers.
Objective of this call
Universities and research institutions in Egypt, Arab Region and Africa need to be able to implement into practice the latest science discoveries and technological ideas for the benefit of the community. The Joint ASRT-BA Research Grants Program for Young Researchers seeks out the generation of creative and innovative research.
The Joint ASRT-BA Research Grants Program for Young Researchers offers research grants to 50 young researches (40 Egyptians and 10 Africans), over two rounds (25 young research per round). The grant maximum duration is limited to 2 years.
The maximum amount of money provided per researcher is EGP 250,000 (including 5 % administration fees-will be deducted-).
Two workshops for young researchers are to be organized (once annually) to build researchers capacities.
Who can apply?
1. The research should be an innovation for application beneficiary to the society in the applied area of study.
2. Candidate must not exceed 45 years by the application year.
3. Candidate must have completed their PhD.
4. Candidate must be an African Nationality.
5. The candidate must be currently working at a public/private academic (or) research institution in Africa and the research must be conducted in Egypt.
6. Egyptian candidates must be currently engaged (or) can arrange to work on a joint research project with foreign counterpart(s) at a university (or) a research center abroad.
7. African candidates must have an Egyptian professor supervising their research (or) Egyptian counterpart.
8. Candidates must have an English language proficiency of at least 5 in IELTS (or) 500 in paper-based TOEFL, (or) 60 in International-based TOEFL.
TOEFL waiver: Only for Candidate who obtained the PhD degree from English-speaking country and the PhD was conducted in English. (Please mention in the Online Application - Step 1: Personal Information - Comment)
How to apply
Online applications should be submitted online. Click here to apply.
First round online application call is now open. Deadline Extended to (30 September 2018).
For any inquiries, please contact: ASRT-BA.Grant@bibalex.org