D-Prize supports new entrepreneurs who can distribute proven poverty interventions.
The world has already invented products and services to end poverty. Yet millions of people still don’t have access. Can you design a business or NGO that solves one of the Distribution Challenges below?
We will award the most promising teams with up to $20,000 USD to launch a pilot version of your new organization wherever extreme poverty exists, with a goal to serve millions in the years ahead.
Select a challenge below to learn more about poverty interventions in need of scale and begin your application.
+ HEALTH ACCESS
+ CLEAN WATER
+ PUBLIC SERVICES
- Select a challenge above and be prepared for the following deadlines:
- The Global Competition launches on April 5, 2021.
- Early Submission Deadline: May 16, 2021 at midnight PT (pacific time)
- Regular Submission Deadline: June 6, 2021 at midnight PT (pacific time)
- Extension Deadline (limited to 200 people who register): June 27, 2021 at midnight PT (pacific time)
- D-Prize is for aspiring entrepreneurs from anywhere in the world, of any age, and any background. The majority of our awardees have not launched nor raised any funding.
- We will consider funding existing organizations only if you are piloting a new distribution-focused initiative, and you have a need for high-risk capital that cannot be supported by your current donors or revenue.
- Existing organizations applying to D-Prize should have operated for no more than 18 months and raised no more than $30,000 in outside funding.
- We apologize, but at this time we are only able to evaluate applications submitted in English. However, your English does not need to be perfect to apply, and grammar and vocabulary errors will not be penalized. We only want to understand your idea.
For more information, please visit: https://d-prize.org/
Deadline for applications: 16 May 2021