The IFLA Africa Section invites Librarians, Information Scientists and other interested professionals to submit proposals for the Open Forum to be held during the 85th IFLA WLIC, in Athens, Greece, from 24-30 August 2019. In line with the Congress theme, “Libraries: dialogue for change”, the Africa Section is organising a Session on the theme of: “Libraries at the center of community transformation”
African Libraries play a central role as in today’s information led economic, social and cultural development. Different types of libraries serve as “motors” that drive the creation; access and usage of information and knowledge needed for this societal transformation.
Africa section is inviting you to send in your projects, programmes, good practices to show case how Libraries play a central role in different dialogues on transformation of African societies.
- Libraries as agents of the 4th industrial revolution
- Libraries as motors of change in the LIS Sector
- Model change in your community- vehicle to change
- No Libraries no Change
- Professional volunteerism in Librarianship / libraries
- Libraries at the center of community transformation
- Libraries driving communities towards United Nations 2030 Agenda
Deadline for application: 15 February 2019
Please email ABSTRACTS (Proposals) to Dr Rosemary Shafack, Chair, IFLA Africa Section Email: email@example.com and Ms Nthabiseng Kotsokoane, Secretary, IFLA Africa Section Email: Nthabiseng.firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please visit: https://2019.ifla.org/cfp-calls/africa-section/