Nominations are now open for the 2019 MAIZE Youth Innovators Awards – Africa! These awards are part of the efforts that the CGIAR Research Program on Maize (MAIZE) is undertaking to promote youth participation in maize-based agri-food systems. These awards recognize the contributions of young women and men below 35 years of age who are implementing innovations in African maize-based agri-food systems, including research for development, seed systems, agribusiness, and sustainable intensification.
The MAIZE Youth Innovators Awards aim to identify young innovators who can serve to inspire other young people to get involved in maize-based agri-food systems. Part of the vision is to create a global network of young innovators in maize-based systems from around the world.
MAIZE invites young innovators to apply and CGIAR researchers and partners to nominate eligible applicants for any of the following three categories:
- Researcher: Maize research for development (in any discipline)
- Farmer: Maize farming systems in Africa
- Change agent: Maize value chains (i.e., extension agents, input and service suppliers, transformation agents, etc.)
Nominators/applicants are urged to take into account the following criteria and related questions:
- Novelty and innovative spirit: To which specific novel findings or innovation(s) has this young person contributed? (in any of the three categories mentioned above)
- Present or potential impact: What is the present or potential benefit or impact of the innovation(s) in maize-based agri-food systems?
How to apply
Deadline for online applications: 15 March 2019