Grand Challenges is a family of initiatives fostering innovation to solve key global health and development problems.
Grand Challenges Explorations (GCE) grants have already been awarded to almost 1400 researchers in more than 65 countries. Initial grants are for USD $100,000 and successful projects are eligible to receive follow-on funding of up to USD $1 million. Proposals are solicited twice a year for an expanding set of global health and development challenges.
Applications are only two pages, and no preliminary data is required. Applicants can be at any experience level; in any discipline; and from any type of organization, including colleges and universities, government laboratories, research institutions, non-profit organizations and for-profit companies.
Applications on the following six topics will be accepted:
- Increasing Demand for Vaccination Services
- New Approaches for Manufacturing Gut Microbial Biotherapeutics
- Innovation for WASH in Urban Settings
- New Approaches for Strategic Prioritization of Agricultural Development Policies
- Tools and Technologies for Broad-Scale Pest and Disease Surveillance of Crop Plants in Low-Income Countries
- Innovations Driving Programmatic Performance in Immunization: Service Experience and Data Use + Measurement
Deadline for submission: 14 November 2018
Additional information can be found at: https://gcgh.grandchallenges.org/announcement/grand-challenges-explorations-round-22-opened