The Agricultural Research and Innovation Fellowship for Africa (ARIFA) is the capacity development component of Forum for Agricultural Research in Africa (FARA)’s Holistic Empowerment for Livelihoods Program (HELP). ARIFA aims to produce a new generation of fit-for-purpose workforce to re-engineer African agri-food sector to provide the change factor for rapid agricultural transformation in the next 10 years, using the Integrated Agricultural Research for Development (IAR4D) approach. Under the program, suitably qualified Africans will be trained in ARIFA- affiliated universities and centers of Agricultural Research for Development (AR4D) in ARIFA affiliated countries including, but not limited to Brazil, China, Cuba, India, Italy and the Netherlands.
By this inaugural call, FARA and the International Centre for Advanced Mediterranean Agronomic Studies (CIHEAM-Bari), Italy, invite applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates for fully funded training at MSc level and Advanced Short Courses in Agricultural Research and Innovation with focus in the following areas:
A. Master of Science ( 2 years)
Land and Water Resource Management: Irrigated Agriculture
Precision Integrated Pest Management for Fruit and Vector Vegetables
Mediterranean Organic Agriculture
B. Advanced Short Courses (10 weeks)
Sustainable Development of Coastal Communities
Innovation & Youth Entrepreneurship in the Mediterranean Agri-food Sector
- Be a citizen of one of the following countries: Burkina Faso, Ethiopia, Niger, Kenya, Sudan, South Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda
- There is no limit of age for the short courses, however, male candidates applying for MSc Program must be aged 30 years or less and females 35 years or less at the commencement of the Program.
- Not possess citizenship or permanent residency in any country outside Africa;
- Have attained a minimum education level of a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university, with at least a second class or its equivalent in a relevant field;
- Applicants that demonstrate records of engagement and contribution to solving agricultural problems will have an extra advantage;
- Commit to participating in an alumni network of FARA IAR4D practitioners under FARA Post-fellowship plan.
How to apply
Applications are made online at www.faraafrica.org or send an email to email@example.com for further enquiries.
Application deadline is: 30 June 2019