Education and training remain the bedrock for human empowerment, inclusive prosperity and progressive development. However, this education has to be accessed by all, under all circumstances, including refugees and displaced persons; it must be of highest possible quality, included well equipped and motivated teachers; and must be aligned to continental aspirations and expectations as articulated in Agenda 2063.
This Call is therefore for African innovators to submit their relevant ICT based education innovations that are being successfully applied in African education systems. The innovator may be an individual or an organization, including government, non-government and for-profit agencies.
- The organizing committee of the Innovating Education in Africa Expo therefore invites submissions that meet the following criteria:
- The Innovation should be in the use of Information and Communication Technology(ICT)in Education;
- You should not have been previously awarded the AU Education Innovation Prize;
- The individual submitting on his/her own behalf or on behalf of an organization must be a citizen of an AU Member State;
- The submission must be made by the original author or developer of the innovation;or a staff of the organisation that developed the innovation;
- The innovation must have demonstrated impact, with potential for wide dissemination in Africa;
- The individual or organization submitting must consent to having their innovation publicised across the continent for purposes of replication;
- Each individual or organization must submit only one innovation
Submission procedure and deadline: Applicants are urged to submit their your innovation in a specified format at the link: www.edu-au.org/submit. Deadline for submissions is 30th April 2019, 23:59 (GMT+3).Early submissions are encouraged.
For more information on submission and application guidelines, please click here