The Africa Agri-Food Development Programme (AADP) is a joint initiative between the Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine and the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
The Objective of the AADP is to develop partnerships between the Irish Agri-Food Sector and African countries to support sustainable growth of the local food industry, build markets for local produce and support mutual trade between Ireland and Africa.
- The partners involved must include one Irish registered agri food company and one local commercial entity in Africa;
- All proposed projects must be commercial in nature and focus and must contribute to sustainable development of the food system within the African country(s) selected. Funding will only be awarded to Irish registered agri food companies.
- AADP funding is up to a maximum of €250,000 per company for a full project or €100,000 for a feasibility study.
- AADP funding will not exceed 50% of the costs of the project;
- Companies must declare all other funding provided any other Irish or EU Public funding source to be used as funds contributed by the Irish registered company
- If an applicant company proposes to undertake a feasibility study, it should include a list of ‘potential’ partners with the application.
- Projects will be supported in the following countries – Botswana, Cóte d’Ivoire, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Namibia, Nigeria, Malawi, Mozambique, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zambia;
- Funding from the AADP must bring about additionality and not replace existing funding;
- Successful AADP funding applicants will be encouraged to engage with Irish NGOs where possible on various aspects of the projects i.e. Mechanical and Engineering, Project design, etc.
How to apply
The forms must be completed by the Irish applicant company and submitted to email@example.com. The closing date for the receipt of applications is 5.00pm on Friday, 2nd August 2019.
For more information on the application procedure and forms, please visit: https://www.agriculture.gov.ie/aadp/