The Academy of Women Entrepreneurs (AWE) is a White-House initiative designed to empower at least 50 million women worldwide by 2025 to fulfill their economic potential, and in doing so, create conditions for increased stability, security, and prosperity for all.
The DreamBuilder Programme is an AWE inclusive training programme and community that equips women with the practical skills needed to create investable & sustainable businesses. The programme is open to aspiring and startup female entrepreneurs in the Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics (STEM), Commercial & Creative fields and will provide education resources, foster networks that support access to funding & mentorship, and connect women through existing exchange programs.
The programme will run from August 2019 to May 2020 in five cities; Johannesburg, Pretoria, Cape Town, Bloemfontein & Durban at a central venue during the work week twice a month from 9am – 1pm (Final dates to be provided to selected participants).
- Aspiring full time female entrepreneur with a viable business idea or startup women entrepreneurs in the STEM, Commercial or Creative fields
- 21-35 years old
- South African citizen or legal resident
- Must be able to commit to the full programme & attend workshops from August 2019 – May 2020 (twice a month, in the work week from 9am-1pm)
- Must live and be able to travel to the training venue In Johannesburg, Pretoria, Cape Town, Bloemfontein or Durban
- Please note that you cannot apply for this programme if you are in full time employment or seeking full time employment.
How to apply
Application form is available here
Deadline for applications: 26 July 2019