This call is open to working researchers residing in South Africa and affiliated with a recognised higher education or research institution such as a university, university of technology or science council.
The applicant must be in possession of a PhD.
This Programme aims to:
• Contribute to scientific advancement in both countries by funding researchers’ mobility in the frame of joint research projects in specified research fields;
• Provide an opportunity for researchers to cooperate in an international setting and to develop their scientific careers, especially for early-stage, mid-career as well as female researchers;
• Support the advancement of basic and applied research; and
• Contribute meaningfully to research capacity development.
Areas of cooperation:
• Biotechnology in health and agriculture;
• Traditional medicines;
• Renewable energy;
• Water resources; and
The total amount requested from the NRF should not exceed R400 000 per project.
Deadline for applications 28 September 2018
All South African researchers interested to apply under this call must submit their applications through an online application process to the NRF at https://nrfsubmission.nrf.ac.za. A detailed call document is attached.